Atlantis V1 by Aspire
The Atlantis from Aspire is produces dreamlike flavors and chucks some really big clouds
But the heart of the Atlantis is its coils. Aspire keeps delivering time after time. The engineering skills at Aspire are somewhat unique in innovation, and this tank is quite the perfect example, it was the one which took clearomizers to the subohm division. So it is no wonder, of course, that Aspire has been in the industry for many years and learned what the users want and don’t want. They strive to progress better by each item released. And so far, they have done it with a great bit of honor!
Atlantis is a straight up “direct to lung” atomizer. Don´t even think of taking “mouth to lung” hits with this one. It will end up in a minor blooper you would only laugh about later.
We were really surprised when we first tested the Atlantis. The massive coil with 2 gigantic airflow holes in the bottom and four really big holes for the juice transport cant be anything else then perfect. We have tested it with several different ratios of VG/PG and no dry hit what so ever. It just keeps on producing flavors, puff after puff. In the end, we almost filled the entire office with vapor. Quite cool!
But it needs a mod or battery that can withstand the ferocity of the coil in the Atlantis. Minimum of 30 watts is advised. Check out our mods here
With the 0.5 ohm coil, you need somewhere between 35-40 watts to hit the sweet spot. But of course its a personal choice. To us, 35-40 watts is perfect.
The Atlantis is not what we recommend for the beginner due to its massive vapor production. It can be a bit overwhelming for most.
Atlantis holds around 2.0ml of liquid, but can be extended to 5.0ml with an expansion tank.
Changing the Atlantis coil
When you change or screw in a brand new coil, you need to take some steps to prepare the coil. Here is a easy guide. Just follow the steps and you are set for a really dreamlike experience.
- Unscrew the base from the bottom of the Atlantis.
- Unscrew the old coil.
- Double check the hole in the base where the coil screws in, so its no liquid there. If so, just wipe it out carefully.
- Screw in a new coil.
- Take your bottle of liquid you are about to use in the Atlantis.
- Drop 1-3 drops on the holes in the side of the coil where you can see the cotton. The cotton will absorb the liquid. Keep doing this until you see the coil unable to absorb anymore.
- Fill the tank between the tube in the middle, and the glass. Leave about 1 – 2 mm from the top of the tube in the middle. Screw the base to the Atlantis. But be careful! Don´t screw it to tight. Just so you feel a bit of restriction and a bit more. While you are puffing, you will create a small vacuum in the tank which sucks in the base even more.
- Let the tank rest for 10 minutes so you are 100% sure of that the coil is soaked.
- Start puffing at low watts and work your way up slowly. This will extend the life of the coil.
Well, to the pros and cons then.
- It’s a cloud producing beast!
- It produces some amazing flavors!
- Only 2.0ml liquid capacity in standard. But can be expanded to 5.0ml with optional tank section.
- Needs some power to be perfect.
- Not for the beginner.
- Liquid capacity: 2ml
- Tank made out of glass ( Pyrex ) and stainless steel
- Patented Aspire BVC ( bottom vertical coil ) and (OCC) – Organic Cotton Coil
- Resistance: 0.5ohm
- Airflow: 2mm, 2.6mm, och 2.8mm
- Upgraded adjustable airflow
- Replaceable glasses for the tank
- Aspire Atlantis
- Extra 0.5 ohm coil
- Spare glass